The purpose and goal of this blog is to help you make the transition from technical expert to leader. This is a tough transition, and most of us get little to no help while we go through it.
I’m a full-time IT/Security Manager and write about my experiences as a technology leader, student, and enthusiast. I share my thoughts and experiences on subjects relevant to the technology industry such as leadership, technical training, certifications, and information assurance. My hope and desire is to start a conversation with others who are leading people in this challenging field so we can learn from each other.
Areas of Focus
- Leadership skills: productivity, communication, project management
- Technical skills: training resources, certifications, degrees, information assurance
- Social skills: marketing, customer focus, business integration
I have links to several sites that can help you develop your skills in each of these areas.
- The Tools & Resources section has tools that will help you either learn these skills or assist you in your professional career.
- The Training section has links to sites (many of them free) that provide training to develop the skills mentioned above.
- The What I’m Reading section includes a fairly long list of blogs and / or online magazines that relate to leadership, technical or social skills.
I hope that you find these sites as useful as I do.
Landscape photos used with the gracious permission of Thom Gould thomasgouldphotography.com